Car Lite Pte Ltd ("Car Lite") is the owner and operator of www.carlite.com.sg and its subdomains, and subpages ("the Website"). The services provided by Car Lite include but are not limited to, the provision of an online and physical platform for car rental operators and Hirers to facilitate the collection and return of Vehicle(s) hired by the Hirers from designated collection points, without the physical supervision by the car rental operators. This Agreement is made between Car Lite and you as Hirer. Car Lite reserves the right to unilaterally update the terms and conditions of this Agreement from time to time, including without limitation, changes to Fees and Charges without notice. You agree that your continued usage of Car Lite's Website and any of Car Lite's services thereafter signifies your acceptance of any updates to this Agreement, and that it is your responsibility to check the updated Agreement. Should there be any ambiguity as to the interpretation of the terms in this Agreement, Car Lite’s interpretation shall prevail.
"Car Lite" means Car Lite Pte. Ltd, a company incorporated in the Republic of Singapore and having its registered office at 1 Bukit Batok Crescent #04-57 Wcega Plaza S658064, which includes its successors-in-title and assignees. "Hirer" means the person(s) who have signed (or agreed to) this Agreement with Car Lite, any person or entity to which the charges incurred under this Agreement are to be billed, and any additional signatory to this Agreement or individual permitted to drive the vehicle with the written consent of the Car Lite. "Vehicle" means the motor vehicle or any substitute or replacement vehicle and includes all tyres, tools, keys, parts and vehicle documents in or on the vehicle. "Hire Period" shall mean the rental period for a Vehicle requested by the Hirer and confirmed by Car Lite on any of Car Lite’s booking platforms. "Force Majeure" means any events or circumstances outside Car Lite’s reasonable control, including weather conditions, decisions or acts by the relevant authorities, theft, acts of mischief, vandalism, Vehicle breakdowns and station/server/computer/system/communication blackouts or breakdowns. "Fees" and "Charges" means the prevailing list of fees and charges annexed herein, and may be collectively referred to as "Fees and Charges". "New Driver" means any hirer that is less than 22 years of age (at the point of hiring the vehicle) OR has less than 2 years of driving experience. IT IS AGREED as follows: -
1. The Hirer shall have no rights to the Vehicle other than as hirer and the Hirer shall not do or permit or cause to be done any matter or thing whereby the rights and liabilities of Car Lite in respect of the Vehicle may be prejudicially affected. This includes any form of removal, alteration, or damage (intentional or otherwise) to anti-tampering device(s) and/or system(s) in the Vehicle or accessories or equipment. Should such removal, alteration, or damage lead to a removal of critical information, the Hirer’s account will be suspended or terminated, with all future bookings removed without refunds and all insurance coverage (past, present, or future) immediately revoked without prejudice to all other rights Car Lite may have against the Hirer.
2. The Hirer shall not be the Car Lite’s servant and/or agent for any purpose whatsoever.
3. Hirers defined as “New Driver(s)”, non- Singaporeans, and non-permanent residents, shall be subject to additional terms and conditions such as (but not limited to) the following:
4. The Vehicle is not let out to the Hirer subject to any condition or warranty, express or implied, in connection with the fitness for any purpose or age of the Vehicle.
5. In the event the Vehicle is not roadworthy, returned late by the previous hirer, or is due for maintenance and no alternative vehicle is available, the Hirer shall be refunded the hire charge and on termination of account, the deposit (without interest) and shall have no further rights or claims whatsoever against Car Lite.
6. In any event, Car Lite shall have full discretion whether to provide a replacement vehicle and if so, the type of replacement vehicle.
7. On confirmation of booking, the relevant amount of credits in the Hirer’s e-wallet will be deducted. Any cancellations or modifications to the booking after 30 minutes from the time of confirmation shall be subject to clause 14 below.
8. The deposit will only be refunded in full (interest-free) when Car Lite has ascertained that the Hirer has paid all sums the Hirer is liable for and fully discharged his/her obligations under this Agreement. Car Lite shall endeavour to do so within 30 working days after the expiry of the Hire Period and the Hirer shall not off-set any sums payable to Car Lite against the deposit.
9. Relevant Fees and Charges shall be payable by the Hirer for the following:
10. The Hirer consents to having all relevant Fees and Charges directly deducted and/or charged to the Hirer’s credit / debit card / bank account/ E-Wallet during the Hire Period and up to 28 days thereafter.
11. Pricing policy shall be agreed as follows:
12. Car Lite may from time to time, and at its sole and absolute discretion, create promotional codes that may be issued to selected hirers. These codes can only be used by the selected hirers, and must only be used for the intended purpose and manner. Such promotional codes are also subject to any other specific terms published by Car Lite on a per-promotional-code basis, and are not exchangeable for cash.
13. Car Lite reserves the right to charge the Hirer the full amount for any Hire Period by way of e-wallet credit and/or credit/debit card, or otherwise withhold any benefits obtained by the Hirer in the event that Car Lite determines or believes that the use or redemptions of the said promotional codes was erroneous, or in violation of any terms and conditions applicable to the said promotional codes.
14. There shall be no refund (partial or otherwise) of any payment made by the Hirer regardless of whether the Hirer had utilised the Vehicle for only part of the Hire Period or at all, save as provided for and subject to the Applicable Charges Table.
15. The Hirer is to provide a coloured, scanned copy of his/her original identity card, driving license, and latest phone bill of the mobile number used for registration of the Hirer’s account on executing this Agreement.
16. The Hirer shall ensure that he/she has a valid driving licence during the Hire Period and that he/she complies with all the provisions of the Road Traffic Act (Cap 276), and all other subsidiary rules and regulations made thereunder.
17. The Hirer warrants that he/she holds a valid credit or debit card in his/her own name, as well as a bank account in his/her own name with the authority to set up direct debit payments for the entire duration of the Hirer’s Hire Period including any renewals or extensions.
18. The Hirer warrants that he/she, and all authorised driver(s) for the Vehicle are not undischarged bankrupts (“such individuals”). Such individuals are not permitted to utilise the services of Car Lite and Car Lite shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement on discovering such situations or in event that a Bankruptcy Order is made against the Hirer.
19. The Hirer shall ensure that his E-Wallet has sufficient credits, and on being notified by Car Lite of insufficient credits, proceed to top up the said E-Wallet within 48 hours. Should the Hirer fail to do so, all future bookings shall be automatically cancelled.
20. The Vehicle shall be collected at the collection point(s) designated by Car Lite. Subject to the agreement of Car Lite and payment of relevant Charges by the Hirer, the Hirer may collect the Vehicle from an alternative collection point.
21. The Hirer’s Rental will begin at the start time of the Hire Period as per the Hirer’s booking or when the Hirer unlocks the Vehicle, whichever is earlier.
22. The Hirer is responsible for collecting the Vehicle on time. If the Hirer late by more than an hour for collection, Car Lite shall be entitled to terminate the booking without notice and without making any refunds to the Hirer.
23. After the Hirer has indicated that he has started the trip, the Hirer is deemed to have satisfied himself that the Vehicle and all accessories are in good condition and are road worthy.
24. Any apparent defects, or issues with the starting of the Vehicle shall be reported by the Hirer to Car Lite before the Hirer drives the Vehicle out of the designated parking lot or collection point with photographic evidence submitted via the booking platform. Should the Hirer be unable to upload the photographs on the platform, the Hirer shall send the said photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Absent such reports, Car Lite shall presume that there is no damage or issues with the Vehicle.
25. If the Vehicle petrol level is found to be equal or less than 1/4, or if the “engine check light” is flashing, the Hirer shall also report this to Car Lite through the booking platform and with photographic evidence before moving the Vehicle.
26. It shall be the responsibility of the Hirer to check that the fuel card is in the Vehicle, and that it has not been tampered with. Should the fuel card be missing or tampered with, the Hirer shall report the incident to Car Lite via the booking platform prior to moving the Vehicle. Applicable to Petrol Inclusive Tiers Only.
27. The Hirer shall operate the Vehicle with proper care and shall not:
28. The Hirer shall:
29. The Hirer shall not drive the Vehicle outside the Republic of Singapore without Car Lite’s consent. Should the Hirer intend to enter West Malaysia with the Vehicle, the Hirer shall indicate accordingly during the booking confirmation, failing which, the Vehicle shall not be driven into West Malaysia, and the Hirer will not be compensated for loss of use.
30. Additional charges shall be levied should the Hirer drive the Vehicle outside of the Republic of Singapore in any manner except as provided in clause 29, such charges to be determined at the sole discretion of Car Lite and/or listed in the table of charges.
31. The Hirer shall pay a mileage charge calculated on a per kilometre basis, as listed in Car Lite’s table of charges. The mileage charge shall be totalled and deducted from the Hirer’s E-wallet when the Vehicle is returned.
32. Car Lite shall not be responsible for any consequential or incidental loss or damages suffered by the hirer due to Vehicle breakdown and/or any accidents.
33. Subject to clause 34, a 24 hours breakdown and emergency service shall be provided by Car Lite to the Hirer.
34. In the event of a Vehicle breakdown:
35. Hirer shall take the following steps in the event of an accident or any damage caused to the Vehicle:
36. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the Vehicle is returned on time and together with all tyres, tools, accessories and equipment (where applicable) as listed on the booking platform.
37. The car key, dongle, and fuel card shall be placed in the glove box, with the dongle fully plugged in. Applicable for vehicles under (Petrol-Inclusive) Tier.
38. Should the Hirer fail to return the Vehicle at the end of the Hire Period, the Hirer shall be taken to have used/ operated the Vehicle beyond the authorised period. Insurance courage and any potential insurance claims due to accidents during the period of unauthorised use will be denied, and the Hirer shall pay Car Lite the relevant late delivery Fees in addition to prevailing hire charges until such time as the Vehicle is duly returned in the manner stated in this Agreement.
39. Clause 38 shall not be construed to confer upon the Hirer any rights as to the continued use or possession of the Vehicle past the Hire Period. Car Lite’s acceptance of the late delivery Fees and additional hire charges does not constitute a waiver of the Hirer’s breach of this Agreement.
40. The Hirer shall return the Vehicle in good order and condition (reasonable wear and tear excepted) as per the state and condition of the Vehicle on collection by the Hirer from Car Lite.
41. As Car Lite is a self-service operation, Car Lite is unable to reserve any parking lots for the Hirer. The Hirer may park the Vehicle at any lot designated in the booking platform, and if such lots are unavailable, only at deck 4 or above and key in the lot number into Car Lite’s system thereafter when ending the trip. Should the Hirer be unable to find an appropriate parking lot, the Hirer shall contact Car Lite’s customer service hotline immediately.
42. Charges shall apply if the Hirer opts for, and Car Lite consents to, the return of the Vehicle at specific locations. Car Lite reserves the right to reject any specific pick up locations requested by the Hirer.
43. The Hirer shall report any damages or issues with the Vehicle to Car Lite at the end of the booking with photographic evidence (or any other forms of evidences where appropriate), failing which Car Lite shall be entitled to attribute to the Hirer all damages discovered thereafter and claim all costs and expenses of rectification and repair and consequential loss from the Hirer.
44. The Hire Period shall be deemed terminated at the time where:
45. Upon termination of Hire Period, the Hirer shall pay to Car Lite all outstanding Fees and Charges together with interest at 3.5% per month on all sums overdue.
46. Car Lite’s rights under Common Law and this Agreement shall subsist notwithstanding the termination of this Agreement. A termination of this Agreement by Car Lite shall also not be construed as a waiver of any liabilities or breaches whatsoever of the Hirer as at the date of termination, regardless of whether such liabilities or breaches have been brought to the attention of Car Lite.
47. The Hirer shall not be rude, rowdy, or aggressive towards any of Car Lite’s staff, workshop partners, business partners or third parties that Car Lite works together with for any purposes related to this Agreement.
48. The Hirer shall, during the Hire Period, notify Car Lite forthwith of any changes in the Hirer’s information such as the Hirer’s name, address, or contact details.
49. Car Lite and their authorised representative(s) (which shall include third party service providers) shall have the right at any time during or after the termination or expiry of the Hire Period at its absolute discretion and without notice repossess the Vehicle and/or its accessories. For the purpose of such repossession, Car Lite’s authorised representative(s) may enter upon any premises or building where the Vehicle may for the time being is kept or parked and to break open by force if necessary any door, gate, or part of such premise or building.
50. In the event that the Vehicle is repossessed by Car Lite due to the Hirer’s breach of this Agreement,
51. Car Lite shall not be liable to the Hirer for any claim, loss, or damage of any kind caused directly or indirectly by the Vehicle or accessories, or from the use of the Vehicle or accessories.
52. Car Lite shall also not be liable for any loss or damage to any property left, stored or transported by the Hirer or any other person in the Vehicle, including during the period before or after the return of the Vehicle to Car Lite, regardless of whether the alleged loss or damage was occasioned by the negligence of Car Lite, its servants, agents or employees. The Hirer assumes all risk of such loss or damage and shall indemnify Car Lite against any such claims.
53. The Hirer shall be fully responsible for and shall indemnify and/or reimburse Car Lite for any and all claims (including third party claims), actions, proceedings, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, costs (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) and expenses of whatever nature, arising directly out of or in connection to the acts or omissions of the Hirer.
54. This includes reimbursing Car Lite for the cost of replacing the Vehicle if stolen or otherwise lost during the Hire Period, in addition to compensating Car Lite for loss of use computed as per Car Lite’s prevailing hire rates.
55. The Hirer is responsible for familiarising himself with the standard insurance policy for the Vehicle hired and undertakes to do everything necessary to maintain the said policies in full effect and not to do anything that may lead to the said policies being voided or repudiated.
56. Car Lite may at its absolute discretion, conduct any negotiation or effect any settlement with the insurers and the Hirer agrees to be bound by any settlement or arrangement agreed between the insurers and Car Lite. Any money payable by the insurers shall be paid by the Hirer to Car Lite or to such party as Car Lite may direct.
57. Car Lite shall insure the Vehicle against all third party risks and liabilities, loss or theft and damage to the Vehicle, subject to the excess as annexed herein. However, the Vehicle is NOT covered by a policy of insurance covering personal injuries to or death of the Hirer and Car Lite shall not be responsible for any liability, claims, injuries or losses otherwise in connection with any accident, arising from the use of the Vehicle.
58. The Hirer shall be given the option to purchase CDW/PAI only if it is available.
59. The Hirer acknowledges that if an accident is not reported within 24 hours of its occurrence, the relevant insurance company may repudiate the case and all claims will be borne by the Hirer regardless of whether CDW is purchased or not.
60. The Hirer irrevocably authorizes and consents to Car Lite deducting the full amount of insurance excess from the Hirer’s credit card/ debit card/ e-wallet/ bank account regardless of the outcome of the claim. Any balance of the insurance excess will be refunded by Car Lite to the Hirer, after the details of the accident are finalized.
61. If Hirer is aged beyond stated permitted age range 18 - 65, his/her account will be automatically suspended, and all insurance coverage withdrawn.
62. Car Lite’s Website or related online Booking Services platforms may contain links to resources operated by other parties. The Hirer shall access these hyperlinks entirely at his/her own risk and shall make no claim against Car Lite in relation to any matters from accessing these resources.
63. The inclusion of any links does not imply endorsement by Car Lite of any material on these resources, or any association with its owners or operators. Car Lite bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever for those resources, including but not limited to the accuracy or legality of the information contained.
65. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Car Lite and the Hirer. No waiver of Car Lite’s rights or amendments to this Agreement shall be valid unless done in writing and signed by Car Lite.
66. In the event that any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall nevertheless continue in full force and effect.
67. The Hirer remains responsible and liable under the terms and condition of this Agreement regardless of any attempted assignment.
68. Car Lite’s liability to the Hirer, whether for breach of this Agreement or otherwise, shall not in any event exceed the amount paid by the Hirer for the use of the Vehicle or the sum of S$100,000, whichever is lower.
69. Car Lite shall not be liable for failure to perform any of its obligations under this Agreement, if the failure is caused (directly or otherwise) by a Force Majeure event.
70. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore. The Hirer and Car Lite agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.Tier 6 Mileage charges should change from $0.20 per km to "$0 Per Km"
|Excess||(Driving Experience > 2 years) And (Age > 22 Years Old)||(Driving Experience < 2 years) Or (Age < 22 Years Old)|
|Car < 1,600cc||Car > 1,600cc||Car < 1,600cc||Car > 1,600cc|
|Third Party Excess||$2,675||$3,745||$7,490||$10,700|
|Own Vehicle Excess||$2,675||$3,745||$7,490||$10,700|
|Excess With CDW|
|Third Party Excess||$1,337.50||$1,872.50||$3,745||$5,350|
|Own Vehicle Excess||$1,337.50||$1,872.50||$3,745||$5,350|
|Repair Work(s) / Damages|
|Panel Beating Per Panel Capped @||$160.50||$267.50||$160.50||$267.50|
|Spray Painting Per Panel Capped @||$160.50||$267.50||$160.50||$267.50|
|Tyre Side Damaged (Per Piece)||$100||$110||$130||$160|
|Rims (1 Set 4 Pieces Min)||$400||$500||$600||$800|
|West Malaysia||$26.75 / Calendar Date|
|CDW||10% of Total Rental Charge|
|PAI||5% of Total Rental Charge|
|Tier 1 / Tier 3 / Tier 5||$0 Per Km|
|Tier 2 / Tier 4||$0 Per Km|
|Tier 6||$0.20 Per Km|
|Top Up Credit||$10 - $99||$100 - $199||$200 - $299||$300 - $399|
|Cancellation of Booking|
|More Than 48hrs Before Booking Start||$0.80 Per Booking|
|48hr - 24hrs Before Booking Start||50% of Rental Charge|
|Less Than 24hrs Before Booking Start||100% of Rental Charge|
|Tampering / Misuse / Missing|
|Fuel Card / Fuel Card Dongle||$150|
|Malaysia Entry Without Declaration||$100|
|Smoking / Durian||$500|
|Stain (Interior) / Animal Fur||$50|
|Missing Key (Keyless Type)||$400|
|Late (Per 15 Mins Block)||$10|
|Return Not More Than 1/4 Petrol||$15|
|Fuel Card Dongle Not Fully Plugged In||$15|
|Failure to obey instruction(s)||$15|
|Changing of Spare Tyre / Towing Fee||$50|
|Did Not Switch Off Headlights||$50|
|Key not in Glove Box After End Trip||$50|
|Car Not Designated CarPark/Deck/Lot||$100|
|Termination Account Without Using||$15|